Mathjax

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Some progress ....

I woke in the middle of the night last night with a thought of a possible error in the wheel model.  I lay awake thinking about it until 6 am then got up and, even before coffee, checked the code to see that sure enough that it was indeed a problem with the model.  I fixed it, ran some tests, and could see that things were better but still not completely correct.  I am using a simple test of logic, a symmetric wheel should have symmetric elements of its matrices.  A leading spoke should be same magnitude but opposite sign as a trailing spoke.  So far today, I found three errors.  Middle of the night wake-up error was the biggest, the next two smaller, and yet the modeling matrices are not exactly symmetric as I expect they should be. It is surprising but true that it is easy to see asymmetry but it is hard to detect where it comes from.

Perhaps, I should sleep on it and the answer will come to me in the middle of the night. For all those following along at home, Janice thinks that the wheel problem can wait and the answer will come to me as I complete the kitchen cabinet additions.  I shall follow her sage advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment